Industrial & Legal
The QCU engages in many activities in the industrial and legal areas around working in Queensland. Some of these activities include:
- the research and provision of information and material for affiliated unions;
- the presentation of state general wage cases;
- presenting test cases in the Industrial Relations Commission;
- the co-ordination of multi-union negotiations and awards/agreements, and;
- preparing submissions for committees of inquiry and review.
The QCU held a forum for affiliates on 14 October with Charles Massey from Hall Payne Lawyers to discuss model clauses - click here to download notes from the forum.
The ACTU has prepared a Fair Work Bargaining Kit that has been prepared by an Australian legal practitioner for use by affiliates in negotiating clauses. The ACTU provides its consent for affiliates to copy and use the template clauses contained in the kit. Click here to download the kit
Contact the QCU
Email Barry Watson or telephone on 07 3846 2468.